I was having a lazy day, the rain was falling hard and I had nothing to eat. I was left in a quandary. Thankfully, staring longingly at my cupboards really does pay off. I managed to find a hidden jar of sweet corn, some sweet chilli dipping sauce and an egg. Combined with some spices and rice flour, gluten free corn cakes rescued me from stepping outside into the wet weather.
Gluten Free Corn Cakes – makes twelve
- In a bowl combine one egg with 1/2 cup of rice flour
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the bowl. Finally add 1/2 cup of water and mix into a batter
- Drain one tin of corn (275g) and add to the batter, mixing well
- Heat groundnut oil in a small frying pan
- When hot add a tablespoon of mixture to the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown
- Best served with sweet chilli dipping sauce