This week’s post is a fantastic bar snack. Easy to make and sure to impress, it works well with beer, cocktails or even as a substitute to popcorn. Smoked paprika provides a warming heat and combined with the crispy shell makes this snack incredibly addictive!
Paprika Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Drain a tin of chickpeas and rinse thoroughly
- Empty the chickpeas into a bowl
- You will notice that the chickpeas have a skin on. I prefer to remove these and have found the best technique is to gently pinch/roll the individual chickpea between your finger and thumb
- Place the skinned chickpeas in a clean bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika, generous pinch of rock salt, twist of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix well and pour on to a baking tray. Make sure the chickpeas are spread evenly
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes, checking and turning regularly
- The chickpeas should take around 30 minutes to cook and be crispy throughout
I recently visited Tate Modern, UK’s leading modern art collection housed in an old power plant on the Southbank. Highlights included visiting the Tate Tanks, a space of performance art located in converted underground oil tanks as well as the William Klein and Daido Moriyama photographic exhibition.
One of my favorite bars in London is located on level 6, with stunning views over the City of London and Thames, it’s hard to find a better place to enjoy a glass of something! Do you have a favourite bar with a view?