Lemons are one of my favourite things, closley followed by parsley and this dish combines both with pork to produce a quick, easily scrumptious dish which is just perfect for a hassle free meal.
Pork with Lemon and Parsley
- Trim pork escalopes to remove any excess fat and place in a shallow dish
- Squeeze three lemons over the pork, making sure the lemon covers the meat
- Chop 85g parsley and heat a small frying pan (but big enough to fit the meat in)
- Once the pan is hot, add the pork including the lemon juice
- Just before the pork is ready, add the parsley (too early and it will burn)
- Take out the pork and drizzle the reduced sauce over the meat and serve
Every time I take a bite from this dish, I remember the Mediterranean coast, particularly Menton, where they are so infatuated with lemons they have a annual festival devoted to this fruit.
How do you like your pork? Any favourite flavour combinations?