Courgettes (zucchini) are one of my favourite things. They are so versatile that they open a door full of possibilities. This recipe is a perfect and hassle free starter for a warm summers day. Perfect for picnics as well!
Courgette and Halloumi Salad with Mint Dressing
- First make the dressing. In a bowl chop coarsely a small bunch of mint, add olive oil (enough to cover the mint), lemon peel, squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, longer for more of an intense flavour
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin slice one courgette per person lengthways. Set aside for later
- Slice the halloumi lengthways and then again. You will need at least three slices per person. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the halloumi.
- Fry until golden on both sides, remove and place on kitchen paper while you assemble the finished salad
- When ready, strain the mint dressing through a sieve to remove the leaves. Gently place the courgettes on in a mound, followed by the halloumi.
- Swirl the dressing from outside in. Enjoy straight away.
Note: For picnics, take the dressing in a separate container and add just before serving.