It’s been six months since I started this blog. Time for me to reflect. I first started the blog for two reasons, firstly as a self indulgent hobby and secondly to provide recipes which focus on naturally gluten free ingredients that are straightforward and tasty.
When I first went gluten free I put a big fat red line through anything involving baking. I have a notorious sweet tooth and spent many hours day dreaming off sweet treats. I finally plucked up the courage to try some gluten free baking and have never looked back. This was the first gluten free recipe I tried. It’s a beautifully indulgent chocolate brownie recipe from Doves Farm. The results produce a rich delicious baking success every time.
From Doves Farm, with minor modifications below.
- Gently melt together 100g of butter and 150g chocolate in a bain-marie or in a chocolate fondu set*
- Pre-heat the over to 180C
- In a separate bowl mix together 100g GF plain flour, 3ml baking powder and 200g caster sugar
- Beat in three large eggs followed by the melted butter and chocolate sauce
- Pour into an oiled and lined baking dish – around 6”x8”
- Bake for 40 minutes, turn out and cut into small squares
Note: Do you remember when the chocolate fondue set was all the rage? I was given one as a birthday present years ago. I have never used it for the original intention, but found that it is perfect for melting chocolate. It carries this out over a gentle heat with minimum fuss and washing up.