This week’s post uses the strong flavours of blue cheese and red chicory to produce a delicious and sophisticated salad. What’s more it can be rustled up in less than 10 minutes.
Warm Chicory and Walnut Salad with Blue Cheese
- Slice the blue cheese and gently mash with a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, freshly ground pepper, 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of warm water
- Combine well and set aside
- Gently wash the red chicory leaves and heat up a frying pan on medium heat
- Add the leaves for 2 mins on each side. Not only will this warm the leaves, but also slightly soften the crispy texture
- Place on a plate with the leaves, spoon on the blue cheese puree and sprinkle with walnuts
I was generously donated a wheel of Dorset Blue Vinny. I love the strong salty taste of blue cheese so this was a much welcomed gift. The veins running through the cheese reminded me of patterns I had seen in the natural and man made world.