It feels like the run up to Christmas goes hand in hand with the enormous consumption of oranges, clementines and tangerines. I can’t resist making this fantastic and fun dessert. The freshness of the orange compliments the zingy lime cream perfectly. It’s particularly great after a heavy main course.
- Start by juicing 5 large oranges to produce 400ml of fresh orange juice
- Strain for pips and pulp
- Add 100ml of the orange juice to a pan with 2tsp of powdered gelatine and stand for five minutes
- Add 2 tbsp of caster sugar and heat on a low heat until dissolved. Watch carefully!
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining orange juice. Stir
- Pour into dishes and cool to room temperature
- Move to the fridge until set – around 2hrs
This recipe reminds me of the many orange trees scattered around Spain, particularly in Andalusia.