I’ve been munching my way through buckets of Christmas nuts, but I still have a small mountain remaining. With this in mind, I set about making a tasty gluten free nutty treat. I am using pistachios and almonds but you could use others. This recipe is easy to make, keeps well and so satisfying.
Gluten Free Chocolate Nut Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and oven tray
- If using whole pistachios, shell and remove the outer skin, by placing the nuts in a tupperwear and shaking vigorously to produce 1/2 cup worth.
- Whisk 220g caster sugar with two eggs, add 250g sifted gluten free plain flour, one teaspoon baking powder, one tablespoon cocoa powder and stir
- Add the shelled pistachios and half a cup of flaked almonds and mix gently
- Flour a surface and leaving 1/4 of the mixture aside, roll the remaining mixture into a roll and flatten gently. Do the same with the remaining portion but place on the top, to form a squarish pyramid
- Bake for thirty minutes then cool for 15 minutes. Using a bread knife cut diagonally and place slices on a non-greased tray
- Reduce over to 150C and cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway
- Reduce the oven to 150C