Weekends = pancakes. Slightly thicker than crepes and with a generous sprinkle of brown crisp sugar and (as always) plenty of squeezed lemons these pancakes are perfect for satisfying any hangover or starting the day on a bang.
Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Pancakes
- Sieve 100g of GF plain flour into a bowl and make a well in the flour
- Crack a large egg into the well with a small pinch of table salt
- Measure 300ml of semi-skimmed milk into a jug
- Mix together the flour & egg using a folk, when it looks like breadcrumbs add in a small amount of milk and continue to mix until their are no lumps. This is the most important step as it is impossible to remove the lumps at a later stage
- Once the mixture is smooth and falls like ribbons, bit by bit add the milk, combining well
- Add a flat pan to the heat on a medium-hot setting and add 25g of butter to the pan and melt
- Absorb 3/4 of the butter in kitchen paper, to be used to grease the pan in between pancakes. This tip was picked up from Delia’s recipe
- Add a dollop of the mixture to the pan and cook for about two minutes on each side. Flip when golden
- Serve with a sprinkling of brown sugar and a good squeeze of lemon. Roll lengthways and then slice into two.
How do you like your pancakes? What are your favourite toppings?